“Sustaining the standards of higher education in an era of higher education massification”
Once again the notion of good quality higher education is a prerequisite for the attainment of sustainable development goals by third world countries. This comes at a time when many African governments are advocating for the massification of African higher education in order to be at par with the dynamic needs of the African citizenry. Many universities are enrolling high numbers of students as a result of governments advocating for high numbers of students that have to be enrolled even though this is not in tandem with the funding allocated to higher education.The African university lecture theatre/classroom and student housing has of recent times seen huge numbers of students enrolment which has become unsustainable and is compromising the quality of higher education a lot. The dilemma the higher education sector has found itself in calls for concerted efforts and creative solutions from the African intellectuals from Africa and overseas.
This must-attend conference will among others deliberate how the massification of higher education in Africa can overcome the dwindling quality of education in order to make sure that the calibre of graduates in these institutions meets the demands and standards of the labour market. Both private and public institutions will by attending this conference be able to revisit their quality assurance frameworks so that is answers to the needs of the modern labour market which has become very dynamic. Further, the conference will also look and discuss the most appropriate funding higher education models that can be tailor-made for the African higher education challenges.
By attending this must-attend informative conference delegates will be able to:
- Understanding the Role and approach of Professional Bodies in ensuring the attainment of quality higher education
- Hearing from a employers perspective on the benefits of recruiting quality quality graduates to their agency
- Repositioning your institutions competitive advantage through promoting and enhancing quality higher education
- Assessing the needs of the labour markets in the face of the massification of higher education in Africa
- Monitoring and evaluation of the quality of delivery of higher education in Africa; what are the challenges and opportunities?
- Analysing higher education funding models and their impact on the quality of higher education.
- Standardising the quality of higher education in the SADC region through credit transfers and student mobility; challenges and opportunities
- Revisiting higher education funding models in African institutions and how they impact on the quality of higher education.
Who Should Attend
- Quality Assurance Managers
- Principals of higher education institutions
- Registrars of higher education institutions
- Senior lecturers
- Deans/vice Deans
- Course Coordinators
- Officials from department of higher education/Ministries of Education
- Researchers in the field of quality assurance